NEWS IN THE FEDY LAB
Follow on Twitter for up-to-date news and discussion: @fedy_lab
- NOW RECRUITING a new Post doctoral Fellow in Landscape Genetics and Habitat Selection. Postdoc in Landscape Genetics and Habitat Selection
- Multi-species grassland bird habitat prioritization in Canada’s Prairie Pothole Region published in Avian Conservation and Ecology (see details under Publications) with colleagues from Ducks Unlimited Canada
- PhD Student, Matt Dyson, presenting his research on Boreal Waterfowl at the Alberta Chapter of the Wildlife Society meeting in March.
- PhD Student, Chris Kirol, passed his comprehensive examinations and is officially a “candidate”.
- All Field positions filled and getting set for another productive field season in Alberta and Wyoming.
- Starting the new year off right with a publication in Animal Conservation (see details under Publications) with colleagues from The Audubon Society and The Nature Conservancy.
- Thanks to everyone for successful and safe field seasons across study sites.
- Good luck to all students and research technicians conducting field work in Northeastern Wyoming, Alberta’s Western Boreal Forest, and the Greater Toronto Area
- Congratulations to PhD student Matt Dyson on winning the Ankney Award
- All lab members participating in Bayesian Population and Hierarchical Modelling in Ecology course
- Congrats to PhD student Dyson for successful completion of his comprehensive exams
- Liber Ero Fellow, Dr. Jeremy Pittman joins the lab.
- 4 manuscripts recently accepted in Molecular Ecology, Conservation Genetics, Ecosphere, and Journal of Raptor Research. See Publications link.
- Fedy attempts Twitter: @fedy_lab
- PhD student Dyson shows Fedy how Twitter is supposed to be done: @mattdyson89
- Welcome Liber Ero Fellow Jeremy Pittman to the lab.
- Welcome long-time collaborator Chris Kirol to the lab.
- Three major field projects wrapped up for the season with only 1 stuck truck! Unbelievable. Excellent work by all students and technicians.
- New study by Tack and Fedy on golden eagles and wind energy covered by multiple outlets: Washington Post, Popular Science, Blacklock’s Reporter, Science 2.0, Engadget
- Dr. Fedy interviewed in recent issue of Wildlife Professional article: Sage Handling Tactics: Grouse conservation caught up in land development, politics
- Anushika De Silva, a Graduate Student of Dr. Brad Fedy Chosen for ESRI’s Student Assistantship at the 34th ESRI International User Conference in San Diego, California
- Sage-Grouse and Cottontail Go Cycling Together – The Grouse Partners News
- Researchers try curbing West Nile with fish, to protect sage grouse – Wyoming Public Radio
- Minnows could help save sage grouse, researchers say – Casper Star Tribune
- Saving nature with nature – The Sheridan Press
- Wyoming outdoors: Study eyes mosquitoes to control minnows – Billings Gazette